VerdiRoof – a complete Green Roofing System in one delivery
that’s accessible, affordable and desirable.
What is VerdiRoof?
- VerdiRoof is a complete Built-Up Green Roofing System in one delivery
- VerdiRoof has enhanced green credentials
- It’s exclusive to SIG Roofing
How is VerdiRoof supplied?
- 10m2 of VerdiRoof per pallet
- Up to 250m2 can be delivered in one load
- No waiting for individual components
What are the choices of VerdiRoof covering?
The Verdico sedum blanket is 25 mm thick with 10 species per every 30m2 and offers minimum 85% coverage for a complete green roof on the day of installation.
VerdiRoof plug plants and native wild flowers are installed 15/20 per m2 for 10% plant coverage at installation which is ideal for specific biodiverse or unique applications.
VerdiRoof seed system comprises roof tolerant wildflowers, grasses and sedum cuttings which germinate and grow over 2/3 growing seasons. Good for large roofs/restricted budgets.
Where should I use VerdiRoof?
- Suitable for or warm/cold/inverted roof build up
- Military installations
- Sports facilities
- Flats and condominium roof terraces
- Domestic properties
What’s VerdiRoof’s customer appeal?
- Enhanced green credentials
- UK sourced growing medium made from
- Pumice, bark compost, and unique carbon capture pellet
- Each m2 has CO2 footprint of minus 7kg
- Source: Tested by University of Greenwich
Why should we use Green Roofing?
For the building
- Substantially increases membrane life expectancy
- Protects it from UV climatic degradation
- Improves energy efficiency in warm roofs
- Enhances sound insulation by up to 8dB (decibels)
- Makes good use of space – optimises ‘structural footprint’
To assist urban drainage
- Reduces rainwater run-off rate
- Absorbs 50% of rainfall
- Assists storm attenuation
- Reduces pressure on drains
- Useful tool in a sustainable drainage strategy (SUDs)
To counter urban heat-island effect
- Green roofing helps cool buildings
- Reduces heat build-up in
- Air conditioning can be reduced
- Infra-red photography shows green roof is much cooler than conventional sections of roof
To support SIG customers whatever the project, SIG Design & Technology has put together an 8-step guide to identify the challenges and ensure that a roof’s design meets a building’s requirements. Called “#Perfect Roof”, the eight steps follow the process from product selection and design expertise through to full guarantees and planned maintenance. This know-how is just part of the service that is provided absolutely free to customers and includes green roofing.
Contact: 01509 505714 http://www.singleply.co.uk/green-roofs/