The Hydrostop EU AH-25 liquid waterproofing system is fast-curing, easy to apply and delivers superior performance. It’s a wet-on-wet, cold applied liquid waterproofing product that’s fully reinforced with a polyester fabric. Free of solvents and isocyanates, AH-25 has significant advantages over conventional liquid roofing systems and is exclusive to SIG Design and Technology.
In complex roofs including new build, AH-25 is ideal in tackling complex detailing, where there’s a lot of roof-mounted plant, or on balconies which would be difficult to detail neatly.
It’s suitable for refurbishment, repair, where access or power is the problem. AH-25 can also be applied to combined pitched and flat roof applications of S1-S4 (<5% to >30%).
This high performance liquid can be installed to inverted roofs where the membrane is laid under the insulation and ballast, e.g. roof gardens. AH-25 liquid waterproofing is root resistant and FLL approved, so can be used for green roofs.
An alternative to single ply in some applications and with custom colours to order, the AH-25 system is BBA certified, fire tested to meet Building Regulations and accepted by NHBC. A 25 year warranty from SIG plc is extendable, so AH-25’s longevity can mirror the lifespan of building.
There’s no need to disrupt building occupancy, so Hydrostop AH-25 has great customer appeal. As there’s no heat, flames or hazardous chemicals on site, it’s ideal for sensitive projects such as schools, hospitals and food production facilities.
Installers love AH-25 because no additional respiratory PPE needs to be worn at installation. The liquid has a very low VOC content, is fume free and virtually odourless. It can also be applied at <5% to >30% and at surface temperatures down to 0°C. Convenient and ready to use, there’s no waste as it’s a single liquid product.
Hydrostop AH-25 an only be applied by SIG Design and Technology approved contractors, so installers must attend a one-day training course and are tested on both theory and practical skills. Companies are offered the opportunity to join DATAC (Design and Technology Accredited Installer) scheme as only DATAC companies are offered SIG warranties and ongoing technical support.
Liquid Waterproofing – when to use it
Liquid waterproofing systems provide one of the most cost effective methods for making a new or existing roof waterproof. Correctly installed and maintained they can provide life often in excess of 25 years, and in refurbishment liquid systems, can save up to 70% on roof replacement costs.* [*Source: The Liquid Roofing and Waterproofing Association]
So when would you choose a Liquid Waterproofing over, say, single ply membrane or hot melt?
- Refurbishment – when a roof is coming to the end of its life – liquid applied waterproofing is seamless and fully bonds to the substrate, ideal over existing roofing, including felt BUR, mastic asphalt, single ply, profiled metal or fibre cement.
- Repair – where an existing roofing material has failed – Liquid Waterproofing’s bonding characteristics make it a reliable, cost effective waterproofing overlay.
- Where access/power are the problem – in both repair and refurbishment, the contractor only needs to bring materials to site as needed, and without noisy generators or cabling.
- Complex roofs including new build – cold applied liquid waterproofing is superb in tackling complex detailing, where there’s a lot of roof-mounted plant, or on balconies which would be difficult to detail neatly.
- Inverted Roofs – where the membrane is laid under the insulation and ballast, e.g. roof gardens. AH-25 liquid waterproofing is root resistant and FLL approved, so can be used for green roofs.
- Pitched and flat roof combinations – cold applied liquids can be installed above pitches of 150, and below 50.
Typical applications include:
- Military installations
- Sports facilities
- Flats and condominium roof terraces
- Domestic properties
Download the new AH-25 brochure at www.singleply.co.uk/flat-roofs/hydrostop-eu-ah-25/
Read more about the benefits of liquid roofing and other flat roofing materials at www.singleply.co.uk/blog/ or call us on : 01509 505714
SIG Design and Technology is a part of SIG Roofing, a leading division of SIG plc, a FTSE 250 listed company and the UK’s market leading specialist supplier to professionals in the building and construction industry. It designs and supplies flat roofs, green roofs, and zinc, copper and stainless steel roofing and cladding.
To support SIG customers whatever the project, SIG Design and Technology has put together an 8-step guide to identify the challenges and ensure that a roof’s design meets a building’s requirements. Called “#Perfect Roof”, the eight steps follow the process from product selection and design expertise through to full guarantees and planned maintenance. This know-how is just part of the service that is provided absolutely free to customers and includes green roofing.