Thank you for your continuing support, we would like to provide you with an update on our actions regarding COVID-19. As you know, after assessing the operational impact on the safety and wellbeing of our employees, and you our customer, we made the decision to temporarily cease trading on Monday 30th March across our branch network.
We kept two hubs open to supply products as we recognised that we play a vital part in the supply chain for our country’s essential services, this was supported by the Government guidance to the construction industry and tradespeople that they can continue to carry out essential and maintenance work.
UPDATE TO BRANCH NETWORK
- We have been working closely within Government guidance as it develops during this crisis.
- Alok Sharma, Secretary of state for business, energy and industrial strategy, has issued a statement asking that “we keep supply chains moving and key workers mobile, as well as to protect the economy as much as possible”.
- Alongside this request, in the last three weeks, we have continued to receive an increasing volume of enquiries from customers looking to source materials to complete projects.
- To this end we have reviewed and enhanced our operating guidelines in line with best practice. Please see our branch regulations below.
WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU
We know this is a difficult time for both our businesses and we are working hard to make sure that, although the situation maybe unusual, you can count on us. The number of requests for assistance from customers has grown to the point it now makes sense operationally to trial re-opening strategically located hubs and branches so that we can help customers complete projects and carry on trading. This selection of branches and hubs ensures that we can provide complete coverage for deliveries and enquiries across England and Wales with local collections available from the 62 branches within safety guidelines.
Branches already open:
|Bath||Birmingham Tyseley||Bishops Waltham||Blackpool|
|Bolton||Bournemouth||Bristol Ashton Vale||Bristol Barton Hill|
|Chingford||Colchester Hawkins||Crewe||Croydon Lansdowne Road|
|Glasgow Uddingston||Gloucester||Great Yarmouth||Grimsby|
|Hove||Hull||Kentish Town||Kings Langley|
|Kings Lynn||Leatherhead||Leeds School Yard||Leicester|
|Telford||Torquay||Tunbridge Wells||Waltham Cross|
The next list of hubs and branches reopened as of 26th May. Initially, we will be following normal trading hours Monday to Friday. Branches will be offering a full service to customers, within social distancing guidelines as detail below in line with Government guidance.
|Bedford||Birmingham Soho Hill||Bradford||Coventry|
|Ramsgate||Romford Danes Road||Slough||Southend Stock Road|
PROTECTING PEOPLE IN BRANCH
The safety and wellbeing of you and our colleagues remains our priority. We have been impressed with the way our employees have helped us to ensure we are able to safely provide you with the service you require. We are not asking any colleagues who are shielding or self-isolating to return to work.
NEW BRANCH OPERATING GUIDELINES
Our new health and safety measures are all based on Government guidance regarding social distancing for retail and logistics businesses. When visiting one of our branches please adhere to the following:
- Please try and pre-order on the branch phone number. We are also still open to you if you haven’t pre-ordered.
- Once on site, whether you have pre-ordered or not, we will operate a 1-in-1-out service.
- Please follow the instructions on signs around the site, they are for your health & safety.
- Please always observe the 2-metre distancing, there are marks on the floor to help you.
- We have screens up at our counters, please stand 2-metres back from the counter area.
- There is hand sanitiser at the counters, please use it if you are handling cash.
For a guide on how to stay safe while collecting your orders please see our handy animation:
Our ability to support our customers and colleagues will be monitored closely each week and we will update you regularly on any developments in our branch network.
We would like to thank you for your continuing support, we wish you and your families well.
SIG UK Exteriors
PREVIOUS COVID-19 UPDATES