Wienerberger manufacture the UK’s largest range of roofing tiles and accessories from Sandtoft, and Keymer. Their traditional and contemporary tiles made from natural clay, concrete and recycled slate meet design requirements for new builds and renovations.
Sandtoft Clay Roof tiles
Click here for more information.
Sandtoft offer an unrivalled range of natural clay roof tiles, ranging from traditional plain tiles to ground breaking large format roofing solutions.
- Goxhill – one of the finest and most distinctive roof coverings available, this handmade plain roof tile gives a rich textured roofscape that will become more attractive with age.
- Bridgwater – has been designed to satisfy the need for a traditional tapered clay double roman tile, found in the South West of England.
- 20/20 New Generation – a flat interlocking clay plain tile that uses innovative designs to reduce installation costs and completion times.
- Neo Pantile New Generation – an open gauge interlocking pantile that has been designed to make a clay pantile roof easier and quicker to install.
- Olympus Roof tile New Generation – makes the natural beauty and colour permanence of clay more affordable.
- County – a classic pantile shape with the added performance benefit of interlocking weather bars
- Alban – a handcrafted clay plain tile – its lightly sanded texture, irregular form and rustic tones add charm and character to any roof.
- Barrow – a handcrafted, cross cambered clay plain tile with a lightly sanded finish
- Humber – a traditional, cross cambered, machine made clay plain tile. Gives complete design and flexibility and is perfect for complex roofs.
- Okewood – a traditional clay plain tile with a cross camber, smooth finish and looks that are reminiscent of a sanded tile.
- Village – a natural clay plain roof tile with varied colour and texture that creates the appearance of an aged roof from new.
- Gaelic: Single Roman Tile – a specialist clay tile with a delicate single roll, Gaelic is ideal for refurbishment or new build work in conservation areas.
- Arcadia – traditional overlapping pantile with a newly aged, secondhand appearance.
- Greenwood – a classical handmade pantile made by traditional methods, using long-established craftsmanship and techniques. The Greenwood will soon weather to a mature appearance and is perfect for conservation projects.
- Old English – a traditional English clay pantile offering beauty by design.
Sandtoft slate appearance Roof tiles
Sandtoft’s cost effective slate alternatives benefit from Interlocking technology and a large format, making them ideal for now build residential developments.
- Balmoral Antique – medium format interlocking slate featuring a riven surface and dressed edges
- Rivius – has a riven surface and dressed edges to give it an authentic, natural slate appearance. Made from natural alluvial clay with a tough ceramic finish this unique slate alternative looks like a slate, is natural like slate and yet can be installed for half the price.
- Cassius – a large format interlocking clay roof tile that recreates the appearance of a slate roof, providing a highly affordable natural roof covering.
Click here to visit manufacturer’s website.
Keymer handmade clay plain tiles
Keymer has been handcrafting tiles since 1588. Today, as part of the Wienerberger family, it is one of the oldest established roof brands in the UK.
- PEG County – are innovative in design. They are created for renovation use, with three nail holes and one nib, to make fitting easier and less disruptive. These tiles are the ideal choice for the refurbishment of older peg tiled buildings or for use on oast houses.
- PEG Kent – are handmade by craftsmen using the company’s rich Wealdon Clay. They are better and more cost effective than using second hand tiles which can quickly deteriorate once stripped off and re-used.
- Traditional – a genuine handmade British clay tile that has its own inimitable style, offering variations in colour, texture and shape that cannot be replicated. Produced in three colours – Antique, Elizabethan and Wealden Red – they are designed to make your project look outstanding. Every tile weathers naturally to look better and improve with every passing year.
- Shire – a genuine handmade British clay tile that offers a serious alternative to the traditional style of clay roof tiles. Produced in three colours -Priory, Heritage and Downs Red – they are designed to make your project look outstanding. Every tile weathers naturally to look better and improve with every passing year.
- Goxhill – one of the finest and most distinctive roof coverings available, this handmade plain tile gives a rich textured roofscape that will become more attractive with age.
Click here to visit manufacturer’s website.
Click here to return to Mandatory Roof Coverings.