Steadmans, major supplier to the construction and agricultural industries, give us their views on how can you can dramatically save time and improve your company’s competitive edge by switching to a single supplier.
Anyone who wants to run a successful business needs to continually seek opportunities to cut costs, reduce waste and simplify processes.
Contractors, especially those working on industrial roofing projects, often involve multiple operational and supply considerations. Meaning time and money saving exercises like these are even more important, and one of the best ways is to minimise the number of parties involved.
By streamlining your processes and reducing the amount of time you spend dealing with various different companies, you can free up more time and budget, to focus on other aspects of your business.
The benefits of streamlining your business suppliers are potentially huge:
- Saves on the overall administration and operational costs
- Reduces the number of variables, which limits the risk of time-consuming mistakes or misunderstandings
- Removes questions over compatibility and discrepancies over other issues, from colours to textures
- Site deliveries are more efficient and more environmentally friendly, due to one large vehicle on the road, rather than eight smaller vehicles.
- Increases certainty around when materials will be delivered
- Feeds into a more streamlined dispatch process and delivery timetable
- No need to change in line with restricted materials offerings
- Single point of contact
You can reinvest the time you save into other parts of your business, which will help reduce overall project costs and enable you to get other jobs off the ground faster. All in all, it’s a much smarter way of working.
All these things together can have a direct impact on your peace of mind, which is always a good thing!